Sauvignon Blanc paired with Sticky Salmon with Coconut and Spring Bean Salad
1 boneless salmon fillet portion (approx. 200gm)
3 tbsp. sticky soy (homemade or store bought Kecap Manis)
1 tbsp. orange juice
½ cup of beans, blanched
½ cup coriander leaves
½ cup of mint leaves
½ cup shredded coconut, toasted
½ cup roasted peanuts, crushed
1 orange, peeled and segmented
½ red chilli finely sliced
¼ cup chilli jam
¼ cup lime juice
splash of fish sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 220c fan bake.
2. Combine the sticky soy and orange juice together and pour over the salmon in a lined baking dish.
3. Transfer the salmon to the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
4. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
5. To make the salad dressing, combine the chilli jam, lime juice and fish sauce in a small jar. Shake to combine.
6. To assemble the salad, toss the beans, herbs, coconut, peanuts, orange and dressing together. Then flake the salmon through and toss again. Divide between two plates and serve immediately.
Note: Alternatively, you can keep the salmon whole and have the salad on the side.